The Nigerian Society of Engineers is the umbrella organization for the Engineering Profession in Nigeria. The Society looks after the professional needs of members through well structured programmes and regular interactions among the different cadre of membership, enhancing high professional standard and ethical practices.
Founded on 16th February, 1958 by a group of young Nigerian graduate engineers and students in the UK, the Society was inaugurated at the Nigerian House in London. The NSE is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as a company Limited by guarantee.
The Nigerian Society of Engineers shall be one of the very best Engineering Professional bodies in the World
The Nigerian Society of Engineers is dedicated to providing quality service aimed at enhancing professional competence and development of its members at all times.
The Nigerian Society of engineers is committed to focus collaboration with, influencing and providing quality advice to the various arms of Government, Industry, Commerce, academia and the Society at large, for the purpose of uplifting the country as a whole.
The Nigerian Society of Engineers shall make meaningful contributions to the advancement of technology worldwide.
Objectives of the Society
The Society has set for itself the following objectives:
• To promote the advancement of engineering education, research and practice in all its ramifications.
• To promote, encourage and maintain a high standard of engineering study and practice
• To enhance the professional status of engineers
• To cooperate with similar professional organisations throughout the world
• To pursue actively research in Engineering Science and Practice with particular reference to local conditions.