This initiative is organized by The Nigerian Society of Engineers, Eket Branch for young and ambitious technology enthusiasts that has interests in using the knowledge of science and engineering to implement an innovative idea that has the potential to impact the society positively and become a commercial success.
The initiative anticipates contributing to the following outcomes:
● Increased commercialization of research and development (R&D) outputs.
● Increased funding of startups, adoption of new and emerging technologies, accelerated growth of an innovative and dynamic private sector; and increased economic activity that results in lasting impact.
● Encourage development of strong innovation ecosystem.
Applicants are expected to exhibit their engineering projects at our Innovation competition called Students Technology Exhibition Programme (STEP) 2019.
DATE: 17th June 2019
VENUE: Villa Marina Hotel, Eket, Akwa Ibom State
TIME: 10:00 am
- Nigerian Students
- Corps Members
- Graduate Engineers
- You can either apply as an individual or as a team.
- Eligible innovations MUST be by Nigerians. Nigerians in the Diaspora can also apply if their innovations are of significance to Nigeria.
- An application with a full description of the innovation must be sequentially explained with pictorial representation using PowerPoint.
- The innovation description should clearly illustrate the social and/or economic outcome and impact with regard to Africa development.
- Application and description of the innovation should be in English.
- There is no application fee.
IMPORTANT YARDSTICKS TO BE CONSIDERED
● Originality: The uniqueness of the product and its superiority in comparison with similar or alternative products in the market.
● Marketability: The extent to which the innovation sufficiently addresses the problem it seeks to solve at a price or model that is accessible to the target market.
● Scalability: The extent to which the innovation can be easily applied to other similar markets beyond the applicant’s immediate or local environment.
● Social impact: The ability of the innovation to create or effect positive or desirable changes within the target community and beyond.
● Scientific/technical aspects: This refers to the extent to which the technical/scientific specifications of the innovation are grounded on established science and sufficiently address any anticipated product risks.
Winner :150,000 Naira
Second place: 100,000 Naira
Third place: 50,000 Naira
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, 14th June 2019
Please contact us on 08037952621, 07031153179 for more enquiries. Fully powered by NSE Eket Branch